How to Sell Books on Amazon: An Ultimate Guideposted on 20, 2, 10 21:04
|Reasons to start selling books on Amazon|
|3 ways to sell books on Amazon|
|Knowing the books to sell on Amazon|
|Sourcing books to sell on Amazon|
|How to Start Selling Books on Amazon|
Are you looking for an extra source of income, or do you want to start a new business? Maybe you need to free some space in your house or even sell your books. Then, it would help if you considered selling books on Amazon .
Reasons to start selling books on Amazon
We'd recommend you sell books on Amazon because it involves a relatively easy and cost-effective process. It also guarantees a reduced financial risk. You don't have to worry about losing money when selling used books on Amazon . Besides, you can afford to make mistakes as you're not putting so much money into this business.
3 ways to sell books on Amazon
- Amazon vendors: You can sell books to Amazon via their vendor central services.
- Fulfilled-by-merchant: You could create an Amazon listing, pack and ship the best-selling books yourself.
- Fulfilled-by-Amazon: You can make an Amazon listing, but Amazon stores would help you ship the books.
Choose any option that is best for your business.
Knowing the books to sell on Amazon
It is important that you know which books will fetch you decent profits. It is also crucial that you consider Amazon fees when fixing the book’s price. So, if you are not sure that the book will fetch some profit, you should reconsider your choice.
You can never go wrong with Amazon's best-selling books. However, it may be difficult to sell unpopular books. Therefore, we recommend that you go for books that lie half-way between the two extremes.
It is also essential to go for books in top condition. So, it is best to sell brand-new or fairly used books.
Sourcing books to sell on Amazon
One of the easiest ways of kick-starting your bookselling business is to get in the used books business on Amazon. Not only does it require low cost, but it also involves little risk, so it's a win-win.
It's also pretty easy to find this type of books to sell. You could start by taking a look at your bookshelf or any other place you store your books. Check them carefully and set aside those that are in good condition. You could also find used books at yard sales and could either buy in bulk, as this would fetch you a discount or pick the best ones available.
The Internet is another place to find used books to sell on Amazon. You’ll find lots of them on sites like e-Bay, Thriftsbooks, and Craigslist. The downside to this option is that it involves some risk. So you must endeavor to check out the seller's reliability. Other places to find books are libraries, estate sales, and used bookstores.
How to Start Selling Books on Amazon
So, the question now is how do you start your bookselling business? Here are three ways to start:
- Set up a Seller's Account - It is essential to note that before you can start selling books on Amazon, you must set up a seller account.
- Find out if the book is on Amazon - You could search for the book using the ISBN to find out if it is on Amazon already. However, if it is not available, you'd have to make a new listing. While this process is relatively easy, you need to ensure that you present the book well.
- Alternatively, you could try Amazon Vendors, or the fulfilled-by-merchant option, or fulfilled-by-Amazon.
Q1: What is the cost to sell books on Amazon?
Amazon charges a $1.80 closing fee and a 15% referral fee on books. However, the referral fee may be much lower or higher in some cases. It is pertinent to note that the referral fee will not be applied to taxes charged using an Amazon tax calculation service. There is also a charge of either $0.99/item or $39.99/month for individual and professional sellers, respectively.
Q2: Can I sell books on Amazon for free?
Technically, you can. It costs $0.99 per item for individual sellers and $39.99 per month for professional sellers.
Q3: Can you sell books back to Amazon?
Yes, you can sell back to Amazon and one way this is done is by using Amazon Vendor Central. Amazon, in turn, would sell those items under its brand name to customers. The second option is to sell your books to Amazon via its new platform, Amazon Trade-In. Although the service is still in beta, it appears to be fully functional, and you can get a lot of profit from it.
Here is how Amazon Trade-In works:
- Search for your item of interest (ensure that you select the right category).
- Then, click the “Trade in” button.
- Choose the quantity and condition.
- Print a free shipping label and package the product.
- Finally, you'll receive Amazon credit once your trade has been approved.
Now that you're fully equipped with all the information you need, what is stopping you? Start your bookselling business on Amazon today!